thetreatmentrooms Frequently Asked Question concerning our massage therapy practices in Chippenham, Trowbridge and Corsham.
£50 for an hour
£40 for 45 minutes
£30 for 30 minutes
It is preferable that the initial appointment is an hour.
You can pay by card, bank transfer or cash, whichever you prefer.
thetreatmentrooms are in 3 locations:
King Alfred Street, Chippenham, SN15 1NP
The Porch, Beechfield Rd, Corsham SN13 9DL
Trowbridge Rugby Club, Paxcroft, Hilperton, Trowbridge BA14 6JB
Please note that there are no waiting room facilities at King Alfred Street and TRFC so please do not arrive more than 5 minutes early for your appointment.
There is free parking directly outside all locations.
There are a couple of pay options for the marathon packages – please ask for details.
Loose, comfortable, clothing and a clean, fresh facemask
thetreatmentrooms fully complies with the most up to date Data Protection Policy and has a transparent approach to Data Processing which empowers individuals to know about the collection and use of their personal data. We collect data for ensuring we have the right information for assessing your suitability to treatment, for completing the appropriate treatment, for contacting you regarding appointment follow ups and for referral to GP or other healthcare practitioners if deemed necessary. We collect only data that is relevant to those purposes, and we keep it for 7 years.
All information held will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be released to any other external party with the consent of the client.
The Government has given permission for Soft Tissue Therapy to take place again from 13th July 2020. My governing body, The ISRM (Institute for Sports and Remedial Massage), has issued guidelines based on Government advice and which I will be following.
I am able to treat those that are in the ‘vulnerable’ category and/or that have been shielding BUT they MUST have clearance for treatment by their GP, preferably written, although verbal consent will be considered. I am sure that a client will know whether they have been in those categories but here is a list:
People at high risk (clinically extremely vulnerable)
People at high risk from coronavirus include people who:
- have had an organ transplant
- are having chemotherapy or antibody treatment for cancer, including immunotherapy
- are having an intense course of radiotherapy (radical radiotherapy) for lung cancer
- are having targeted cancer treatments that can affect the immune system (such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors)
- have blood or bone marrow cancer (such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma)
- have had a bone marrow or stem cell transplant in the past 6 months, or are still taking immunosuppressant medicine
- have been told by a doctor they you have a severe lung condition (such as cystic fibrosis, severe asthma or severe COPD)
- have a condition that means they have a very high risk of getting infections (such as SCID or sickle cell)
- are taking medicine that makes them much more likely to get infections (such as high doses of steroids)
- have a serious heart condition and are pregnant
People at moderate risk (clinically vulnerable)
People at moderate risk from coronavirus include people who:
- are 70 or older
- are pregnant
- have a lung condition that’s not severe (such as asthma, COPD, emphysema or bronchitis)
- have heart disease (such as heart failure)
- have diabetes
- have chronic kidney disease
- have liver disease (such as hepatitis)
- have a condition affecting the brain or nerves (such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis or cerebral palsy)
- have a condition that means they have a high risk of getting infections
- are taking medicine that can affect the immune system (such as low doses of steroids)
- are very obese (a BMI of 40 or above)
The following indicates some of the procedures and expectations of myself as your Soft Tissue Therapist and you, the client.
- To complete the assessment form thetreatmentrooms will send you when you book in for the first treatment.
- Please supply own facemask or wear one supplied throughout your treatment.
- Please wait in your vehicle until I come out and get you to ensure there are no other visitors nearby and to minimise surfaces contact such as door handles.
- Please bring as little amount of items, e.g phone, purse or small bag to minimise foreign items in the clinic.
- Will be encouraged to pay by card or BACs
- Please do not wear gloves, you will be asked to wash your hands on entering the clinic.
- Please bring your own water.
- To inform me of any Covid 19 symptoms you might have in the time after our treatment.
- To either use hand sanitiser or wash hands prior to leaving the clinic
Soft Tissue Therapist
- Will check and record my temperature daily
- Will contact each client the day of the appointment to ensure that they are feeling well.
- Will gain verbal consent to initial treatment post return to practise prior to appointment regardless of whether a returning client.
- Will deep clean daily and document this.
- Will not leave the clinic inbetween appointments to ensure no cross infection. Internal door will be locked at all times with only access for myself.
- Will wear clean, freshly laundered uniform for each block of treatment sessions.
- Will wash any clinic laundry, including uniform, separately and at 60degrees.
- Will leave 15- 30 mins between appts in order to clean and wipe down all surfaces and objects (such as phone, pen, card machine etc) before next client.
- Will wash hands before treatments and after treatments and after cleaning.
- Will wear disposable apron to protect clothing.
- Will use the NHS Contact Tracer app when available
- A Risk Assessment and COSHH assessment is available on request
- Will inform clients of any Covid 19 symptoms I might develop in the time after our treatment.